Atlanta

Atlanta

Postby gregdollar » Mon May 05, 2008 8:11 am

Hi. My name is Greg Dollar. I'm just getting back onto this site. I was on this for almost a year and I didn't do so well. Of course, it's mainly because I wasn't as committed as I should have been. I REALLY want to learn Japanese badly, but I truly believe there is only one way to do it for me.

I work out at a Gym. On your own, you can do pretty well especially if you can stay motivated and committed. But, when you have a Partner your results literally double maybe even triple. I believe it's the same way w/ this new language. I can learn, but I can learn SO much better with a "partner". I'm located in Atlanta, but if I could have someone - even on the phone that could practice with me and we could talk to each other as we grew in Japanese and motivate each other it would be great!

When you don't have someone to talk to in Japanese you simply have a tough time retaining much. So, anyway - you can reach me at greg@gregdollar.com if you want to hook up even on the phone so we can work together and grow in this awesome adventure. FYI, I'm literally starting over - so I'm a n00b :p

Other than that......hi everyone lol

Later
Greg
gregdollar

Re: Atlanta

Postby ridgeracer1983 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:41 pm

why don't you buy a microphone and use skype to talk to japanese people? http://www.skype.com it might help your spoken language out a great deal ^_^
ridgeracer1983
Chougenki na member!
Chougenki na member!

Postby cheier » Mon May 05, 2008 11:25 pm

Interestingly enough, now that you mentioned using Skype, I decided to do a little searching around and managed to come across this site. So I signed up and now have a couple people on my Skype from Japan interested in practicing their English while doing Japanese as well. I've only text chatted with them up to this point, but one of them wants to talk.
cheier

Postby YesJapan Tech (bparker) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:17 pm

What part of Atlanta are you in? I'm in Duluth.
YesJapan Tech (bparker)
Chougenki na member!
Chougenki na member!

Postby FullmetalMedic » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:25 am

Hello, if anyone still reads this post! :lol:

I am currently in the process of moving to the Atlanta area. If there is anyone else from north Georgia and might want to practice sometime, please reply!
私輪医療補助員
FullmetalMedic
Chougenki na member!
Chougenki na member!

Postby msumisu » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:58 pm

I'm closer to the South Atlanta area. It would be nice to have a meet-up! :D
msumisu

Postby slip309 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am

Yay! Atlanta people on YesJapan. I live in Buckhead and work in Norcross. It would definitely be cool to meet up with other people learning Japanese. I have a few friends who speak it, but they are either very fluent or actual interpreters.
slip309

Postby Roswenthe » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:55 am

I'm in Alpharetta/Johns Creek. I was considering looking for a meetup group this morning when I saw this thread.
Roswenthe

Postby msumisu » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:13 pm

I think the easiest place to meet would be Atlanta then? :P
msumisu

Return to U.S. - Southeast