best time to visit

Travel stories, photos, questions

best time to visit

Postby st4 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:35 pm

1st post
:D
i want to know when the best time to go tojapan would be winter or summer or does it matter when you go
st4

Re: best time to visit

Postby planeteuropa » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:33 pm

I'd say thats totally up to u st4. Go whenever u have the money and can afford the stay cause it'll be a blast!!! :thumb: If u like simmer go in summer, if u like snow and cold go in winter, if u like rain and swimming go in april. its called life st4 so just make up your F^%$ing mind already :roll: .
planeteuropa
Chougenki na member!
Chougenki na member!

Postby Mrgantys11 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:59 pm

The rainy season is June-July, no?

There is a bunch of other posts on it st4, I'd say it doesn't really matter when though, except for maybe rainy season.
Mrgantys11

Postby Khyron » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:04 am

If you want to see cherry blossoms, go in March/April. They only bloom for about 2 weeks in any one area, and bloom from warmer first (South) to cooler last (North). So in total, perhaps there are blossoms *somewhere* in Japan for maybe 4 weeks a year?
Khyron
Chougenki na member!
Chougenki na member!

Postby Quemaqua » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:07 am

I'd love to go during 花見 (はなみ), but only if I'd been there long enough to make a few friends first. It would be very sad to be all alone under the cherry blossoms. I'd also love to be there during 梅雨 (つゆ), the rainy season, as I'm part Irish and a big fan of wet weather.

Probably the biggest consideration, I'd think, would be ゴールデンウィーク (Golden Week) in late April/early May, which is a string of holidays in Japan. Lots of people will be off of work and going around crowding things up, and prices for everything skyrocket from what I understand. So if you're planning a shorter visit, you're going to be paying quite a bit for hotel stays and such.
<insert something funny in Japanese here>
Quemaqua
Chougenki na member!
Chougenki na member!

Postby Kinzokusei no Inu » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:42 am

This year I'm going from December till March just to skip out on the frigid Canadian winter for a change. Well, Japan is seasonal too, but the winter's are a little tamer I'd say in comparison.

The only season I've yet to visit Japan in is 花見 I believe. Looking forward to experiencing that some day.

I remember fall November weather being rather pleasant in Japan. Though it rained a lot then too, but it was a warm rain.

If you like suffocating humidity, summer's the season for you.
だいたい分かりましたよ(笑)
Kinzokusei no Inu
Kakkiteki na member!
Kakkiteki na member!

Postby st4 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:20 am

thanks for the post i just dont want to go when its raining every freakin day if im gonna go i dont want to be stuck in a hotel all day

:D
st4

Postby Khyron » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:22 am

I'll be there from 12月18日->1月18日. I should keep in touch with 金属製の犬, coz i'm interested in catching some live music when i'm in 東京 at least, and i'm guessing he'll have his finger on the pulse.

What are you doing about the JLPT man? Will you be over there for that, or are you heading over after doing it in Canada?
Khyron
Chougenki na member!
Chougenki na member!

Postby Kinzokusei no Inu » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:29 am

I'll be flying out the day after I write the JLPT in Vancouver. Yeah, so if you're in Tokyo give me a shout on mixi. I'll be spending most of my time there and will be taking in as many live shows as I can fit in.
だいたい分かりましたよ(笑)
Kinzokusei no Inu
Kakkiteki na member!
Kakkiteki na member!

Postby kaleb_zero » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:37 am

I'd say go in either Fall or Spring.. Both were probably my favorite seasons in Japan. November-ish is actually quite pleasant in the Kanto area.. And pretty much all of Winter is rather nice in Kyusu..

In the end, it's all up to personal preference. I'm a sucker for autumn colors at the temples and shrines though, so thats why I vote for fall.
Catch up with all things Japan-related at my new blog/website http://www.sakurabranch.com
kaleb_zero
Chougenki na member!
Chougenki na member!

Return to Japanese Travel Stories & Tips