The John Lennon Museum

Travel stories, photos, questions

The John Lennon Museum

Postby Hachi Gatsu Kerumu » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:31 am

I went today and I have to say that was worth it in my opinion. Though I was never alive when he was, I was lucky to have parents who are huge Beatles and John Lennon fans, so I grew up around his music and message of peace.

For those of you in or going to Japan, the Museum is in Saitama, the stop to get there to be exact is Saitama-Shintoshin. That takes you directly to the building it's in (which is outside the station gates). It's open from 11am-18pm (6pm) but it's closed on Tuesdays. It's about 1,300 yen to get in (1,000 if you are a High School or College student, your school ID is required to get the discount).

Sadly, there is no pictures allowed in the museum (otherwise I would post them) but if you are ever in the Tokyo area, hop a train and head to the Saitama-Shintoshin stop, I thought it was worth it and enjoyed every minute of it.
For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.

For my Japan pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/augustksph ... 031303832/

And for my "other" pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/augustksphotos
Hachi Gatsu Kerumu
Chougenki na member!
Chougenki na member!

Postby BigFreaky » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:51 pm

I think I would rather have someone chop my arms off and beat me to death with them before I would go there. But hey I know so many people love the beatles. Sounds like a good find for those type which is probably like 95% of the world. Are there any weblinks or pictures of the building on the outside?? I am sure if you have any they would be helpful for people to find it.

*cheers*

*goes to get a drink*
一番カワイイ
BigFreaky
Chougenki na member!
Chougenki na member!

Re: The John Lennon Museum

Postby YesJapan Dave » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:35 am

Hachi Gatsu Kerumu wrote:Sadly, there is no pictures allowed in the museum (otherwise I would post them) but if you are ever in the Tokyo area, hop a train and head to the Saitama-Shintoshin stop, I thought it was worth it and enjoyed every minute of it.

It's a very cool walk-through museum with music and video a lots of really cool memorabilia.
If you go on a weekday it's pretty empty so you can relax and take your time.
Even though I'm not the biggest Beatles/Lennon fan, I found it very worthwhile (and easy to find taking the train from Tokyo).
YesJapan Dave
Densetsuteki na member!
Densetsuteki na member!

Return to Japanese Travel Stories & Tips